Clinical Assessment Services
As part of our Integrated Urgent Care (IUC) contracts, we currently provide Clinical Assessment Services for:
- Surrey CAS
- Suffolk and North East Essex (SuNEE) CAS
- North West London CAS in partnership with London Central and West Unscheduled Care Collaborative and London Ambulance Service
- Gloucestershire CAS
- South West London in partnership with AT Medics
- Devon CAS.
Between our Suffolk and North East Essex CAS, our Surrey CAS, and our North West London CAS services, we averaged 4,230 cases per month in 2021. A total of 220,000 across the year. In 2022, with the introduction of our Devon CAS and South West London CAS, that number will rise to 400,000 calls.
Our CAS provides expert multi-disciplinary teams, consisting of:
- advanced nurse practitioners
- mental health advisors/nurses
- dental nurses
- prescribing pharmacists.
The teams provide clinical support to call handlers and patients who come through NHS 111. They provide enhanced triage, advice, and referrals, and are able to:
- dispatch an ambulance if required
- refer to and book in to other services such as Urgent Treatment Centres (UTC), GP practices, community services, or out-of-hours (OOH) services.
- signpost to self-care management information and advice
- provide prescriptions via the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) to a nominated pharmacy.