Started at Practice Plus Group
General Medical Council number
MUDr 1999 Univerzita Pavla Jozefa safárika v Kosiciach
Accredited for Focused Intensive Care Echocardiography (FICE) 2020
Ultrasound Level 1 Skills for Emergency Medicine 2017
Dr Maria Hobrok holds a CCST and a Certificate of Specialist registration in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, which she obtained in Slovakia in 2007. She earned her medical degree from University PJ Safarik, Kosice, Slovakia in 1999 and subsequently practiced in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care at the same institution. In 2005, she relocated to the UK, where she has worked in various NHS Trusts and Health Boards, as well as independent providers.
Throughout her career, Dr Hobrok has gained extensive experience in blocks, epidural, spinal, and all other fields of anaesthesia, including intensive care and accident and emergency. Her approach to patient care is centred around excellent bedside manner and providing the best quality of life for patients following surgery. Dr Hobrok finds joy in observing the visible, direct, and incredible impact that postoperative care can have on patients’ daily lives.
Dr Hobrok is dedicated to ensuring patients have a safe journey while under her care. She places a strong emphasis on alleviating patient anxiety and believes that warmth, reassurance, and clear explanations of the treatment process are key to alleviating any fears. Providing patients with a positive experience and helping them feel at ease is something that Dr Hobrok finds daily satisfaction in.
Dr Hobrok is actively involved in research related to critical care and anaesthesia which aims to develop risk models to guide treatments for common conditions or complications, minimising risk and morbidity associated with major surgery .Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, she has helped deliver a number of studies as part of the international effort to develop knowledge, diagnostics and treatments for COVID-19. You will find Dr Hobrok’s research work published in many prestigious journals.
Fellowships and/or memberships
- Accredited for Focused Intensive Care Echocardiography (FICE) and Ultrasound Level 1 Skills for Emergency Medicine
- General Medical Council, UK
- Medical protection Society, UK
- Slovakian Medical Council
- British Medical Association
- Lead for Intensive Care Unit, Bronglais General Hospital 2011-2021
- Lead for Research and Audit in Intensive Care Unit, Bronglais General Hospital
- Lead Appraiser for Secondary Care in Ceredigion
- Investigating Officer, December 2014- March 2019
- Clinical Advisor for Ombudsman Wales, January 2017-October 2017
- Medical Education