How to make a referral
Referring your patients to our hospitals and surgical centres is simple, provided they meet the safe criteria for treatment.
Please check the following points as we will not be able to treat patients who do not meet these criteria.
If you do not find the document or information you need, please feel free to contact us.
The patient must:
- have a Body Mass Index of 40 or less*
- be 18 years old or over
- not require complex rehabilitation or have a chronic disease that would require immediate post-operative care in an ITU
- not have sickle cell anaemia, renal failure or have had a cardiac arrest in the last six months
As long as the condition is managed and the patient is stable upon admission for treatment, we can accept patients with:
- Atrial fibrillation
- High blood pressure
- Parkinson’s disease
- Dementia (patients are accepted and appropriate facilities are in place but each patient will be assessed by the team)
Referring a patient
Specific detail on how to refer patients to our hospitals and surgical centres can be found on the following websites:
- Practice Plus Group Hospital, Barlborough
- Practice Plus Group Hospital, Emersons Green
- Practice Plus Group Hospital, Ilford
- Practice Plus Group Hospital, Plymouth
- Practice Plus Group Hospital, Shepton Mallet
- Practice Plus Group Hospital, Southampton
- Practice Plus Group Surgical Centre, Devizes
- Practice Plus Group Surgical Centre, Gillingham
- Practice Plus Group Surgical Centre, Portsmouth
Referrers will need to follow the relevant referral processes from their CCG. This may mean, for example, referring to an MSK triage service in the first instance.
If you are posting or faxing a referral, please detail the patient’s medical history and any other relevant information that you feel would be beneficial for the consultant at the centre to know.
*Whilst our BMI criteria is 40 or less, certain CCG’s have a lower BMI threshold. Please refer to the PLCV policies for your CCG BMI limitations.